Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Fed up with Synergy. Removed it.

William Welker
I have become so fed up with Synergy I removed it from all three of my computers (2 Windows 10 machines and an Apple OSX). My biggest beef is that the mouse cursor transfer would not retain the ability to use the center wheel function. That feature would be available sometimes for hours, but sometimes only for minutes. Whenever I discovered the wheel function was not working, I'd have to "stop" Synergy and "start" it again on the the server PC. Then it would work for a while, then quit again. But lately (even though running Synergy 1.7.6) the sharing of the mouse would quit altogether and I would fight with it for hours tying to restore functionality. I can't rely on a program that has so many failure modes. So, I now just use my manual KVM switch and although that is a pain, at least it never fails.
  • 2 weeks later...
David E Moses
I'm having the same issues with the mouse sharing stopping between my Macbook (10.10.5) and PC (Windows 7 Ent. SP1 64bit)after a couple minutes. I've upgraded to the latest version and it still happens constantly. It's a fundamental failure because mouse sharing is obviously one of the main reasons to use synergy.