Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Jumpy cursor

Who Cares
Hi I'm using Synergy Pro, with the server running on a Win10 workstation, with client laptop machines on Linux Mint and Windows 10. Connection is non-ssl, server is connected via GigEthernet, laptops via WiFi, all talking to same LAN. Win10 Laptop is a Lenovo Thinkpad X1 Carbon, and the Linux laptop is a Lenovo Thinkpad T410. Mouse is fluid on Linux client, but on Win10 client, it's rather jumpy. It's that way when initially switching to the Win10 client, then smooths out, but gets jumpy randomly. I switched the Win10 laptop to ethernet to test, and it's much better. I thought it might be powersave settings or something, but I have the laptop configured for max performance, including unchecking the driver's power management option. Wifi is not very busy, and as mentioned, the wifi connected Linux machine is fine. While it's probably not a Synergy problem, just wondering if anyone has had a similar issue and resolved it?
  • 10 months later...
Tyler Walker1491393410

I wish I had an answer for you, but I wanted to say I have the exact same problem on a similar work setup. Windows 10 PC on ethernet and Windows 10 laptop on WiFi. The mouse is now very jumpy on the client and unusable, when it ran very smoothly over the same setup for weeks.

• 3 weeks later...
Who Cares

If you email for support, you may eventually get a response; be prepared to wait a week or more. The responses are generally tone deaf; it's clear no one read or understood the message.

That's particularly frustrating when you take the time to clearly and thoroughly document the issue in the first place.

Maybe one day they will get it together, when they are finished posting pictures on Facebook showing how they have "tequila and coding", free beer and touting how employees have unlimited annual leave.

So, all good for them, but the product doesn't work for me.