Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Cannot connect :(

Gordon Chandler
Hey everyone! Just bought the $10 version to connect my work mac to my home PC. Installed on both systems with my mac as the server and the PC as the client. Clicked 'start' on both, and I get a recurring error stating, "WARNING: failed to connect to server: server refused client with our name" NOTE: connecting to '192.168.X.XXX' :192.168.X.XXX:PORT ERROR: server refused client with name 'macbook-name.local' It cycles that message over and over while it's running. That message only appears when I attempt to have my PC as the server and mac as the client. But same thing happens when I have it the other way as well. Please help..I just bought this and it doesn't work. Very frustrating.
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Daniel Fresquez
To fix my issue using a local IP / hostname on Windows 10 64-bit I used "Configure Server" button under the Configure interactively option, then added a new screen and renamed it with the same screen name as the client I was trying to connect with. Tried starting the client again and Boom! "connected to server"...
  • 5 months later...
Árni St. Sigurðsson

I have this problem except the fix does not work. I even copy-pasted the hostname to be sure I had the same spelling.