Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

OS X 10.11.4 Client - Shift key failing to pass to Parallels

Kyle Morgan
Just noticed this behaviour today after upgrading earlier. Shift works in OS X but not recognized when passed to Parallels and Windows 8.1 on client. Tried both 1.7.6 and 1.8 Beta for Client and Server both. Any suggestions? [b]Setup[/b] Windows 10 Pro Server (Wired) OS X 10.11.4 Client (Wired & Wireless)
William Blaney
The exact same issue happened to me as well. I have been trying different configurations as well. It works when I install Synergy onto my Parallels Win 7 image and set it up as a client. However, this is obviously not ideal since the client it technically running on 2 different machines. To me, this means that the problem has to lay within the Synergy for Mac OS X 10.11. Hopefully we can get a fix for this.
Gareth Armitage
I have this issue also, however rolling back to 1.7.5 does not seem to fix the issue. I'm running Windows 10 wired server and Mac OSX wifi client.
Kyle Morgan
I've resorted to a USB cable that i swap to make OS X the server and Windows 10 the client. It's not ideal but until there's a fix, I need to keep working. :(
Gareth Armitage
Well interestingly my shift button just started working. I saw a Parallels notification that an update was on going, but didn't catch if it was a Windows Update or a Parallels update, but my shift button now works :) My Parallels version is Desktop 11 for Mac 11.1.3 (32521) I'll check if Windows did some updates later.
William Blaney
Thanks, I just converted my Mac to the Server. All is working as advertised; however, my Windows box is my primary so it would still be nice to get this fixed.
William Blaney
[quote="Gareth Armitage"]Well interestingly my shift button just started working. I saw a Parallels notification that an update was on going, but didn't catch if it was a Windows Update or a Parallels update, but my shift button now works :) My Parallels version is Desktop 11 for Mac 11.1.3 (32521) I'll check if Windows did some updates later.[/quote] Mine still wasn't working before I made the changes that Kyle had did. Strange.
Gareth Armitage
Ok, so oddly my shift button stopped working again :? Re-started Synergy and my Mac/Parallels but nothing seems to get it working again. Let's hope it kicks in to life randomly like last time. Any fix would be greatly appriciated as this is a major issue for me as I'm sure it is for many others.
Andy Cook
please please please correct this issue, its making work very difficult as I send a majority of my emails from the client/parallels. Its driving me crazy[b][u]1[/u][/b] that's what is looks like on the Mac, you know, because the '1' kry doesn't shift to the '!'. ;)