Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Cut & Paste Issue 1.76

Brett Silverthorn
Just loaded 1.76, after loading and rebooting I can no longer hold the mouse button and select text and then right click and copy / paste. If I stop the service, I can select text by dragging over it and right click copy, right click paste. I have not checked for a configuration option for this yet, but did not have this issue on the previous build. Started right after install, does it on both the client and host so to speak.
Andrew Little
I too have been experiencing the same issue using a Windows 7 64-bit OS on Synergy version 1.76. I also wanted to point out that I am using version Synergy 1.75 64-bit on my CentOS 6 workstation. What's strange is if you initially start using Synergy, the text highlight works. There is some process that we perform that then causes it to behave differently. I tried using 1.76 on my Linux workstation but had to roll back because the mouse sensitivity after switching screens from Windows PC to Linux was terrible. In fact even switching on the option of "relative mouse moves" made it worse. If anyone knows this process and or knows of a workaround solution, let us know.
  • 2 weeks later...
Larry DiGioia
Same here, since going to 1.7.6 every few hours my ability to select text to copy on my server machine grinds to a halt. It will only let me select a few characters. When I restart the synergy service everything is fine for a few more hours. Environment: (2) Windows 10 x64 computers side by side, on the same switch, static IP's. I actually have had the same problem a few versions back and it went away with the next version.
I posted on same thing yesterday in separate section of this board. quick solution for me is to press the windows button (between alt and ctrl on left side of keybd) . doing this gives you a couple swipes before same problem happens. stopping Synergy resolves problem, I have had this problem for several versions.