Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Exclamation mark

Synergy (1.7.4 and 1.8.0 beta, 64bit each) works fine with my Win 8.1 server and Win 7 client. However, the exclamation mark (!) is not properly transmitted to the client. It works if the server is set to German (Swiss) and the client to English (US). But if the client is set to German (Swiss) as well, a + is transmitted instead. Thanks for your help!
  • 3 months later...
Hello I've got the same problem with the exclamation mark. My server and client are both set to German (Swiss). I often use Synergy to write some programs and without the exclamation mark it's a bit impractical... I tried it now with the last 3..4 versions of Synergy but always the same. Would be nice if the developers could fix that :P Thanks
  • 2 weeks later...
Hi mrwafa I used the following workaround: on the client computer I installed the EN (US) keyboard and whenever I use Synergy I switch to EN, that way the exlamation mark gets transmitted correctly (also Y and Z as well as other special characters work fine). Regards Simon
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

Unfortunately this bug is still there in the latest version (1.10.2-stable-8c010140).
Would be great if you guys could fix this ;-)

• 1 year later...

Bump! Still not fixed in 1.12.2.stable!

Host & Client Keyboard set to German (Swiss)!

The workaround with the US keyboard doesnt work for RDP connections from the client!

Please put this on your to-fix-list, it's extremely annoying!

(yes, every sentence was ended in an exclamation mark on purpose!)