Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

(How to ?) Custom the keyboard mapping on the distant client

Yuya Fujiwara1491393133
I'm afraid that I understood what you want to do, but I'll show the way how to modify keys in Synergy. If you only want to change the role of modification key, you can custom it from GUI panel of Synergy. On the server, select "configure server" and select a display icon. Then you can find the panel (Fig.1) [attachment=0]Screenshot7.png[/attachment] Synergy provides the way to customise itself in detail. [1] Generate configuration file On the server machine (windows), you can find a menu "File" ->"Save configuration as". Then save the file as an appropriate name. (e.g. my_setting.conf) [2] Edit configuration file Here is resource what you need. https://github.com/synergy/synergy/wiki ... ig#screens You can find the following at the top of your configuration file. [code] [your server name]: halfDuplexCapsLock = false halfDuplexNumLock = false halfDuplexScrollLock = false xtestIsXineramaUnaware = false switchCorners = none switchCornerSize = 90 [your client name]: super = alt halfDuplexCapsLock = false halfDuplexNumLock = false halfDuplexScrollLock = false xtestIsXineramaUnaware = false switchCorners = none switchCornerSize = 0 ... [/code] "super=alt " statement defines a key mapping. You can add or modify it. (If you couldn't find an option that you want in the link above, please reply.) [3] Load the configuration file. Check "Use existing configuration" in Synergy Panel and select the file you made from "Browse". Then, click "Apply".