Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Configuring server left screen with multiple screens

Tristan Lee
I have the following layout: [img]http://i.imgur.com/yCVGWDF.png[/img] The 3 screens on the left (D, E, and F) are on my client Windows 7 machine. A, B, and C are on the server OSX machine. Right now, the only way for me to go left to F is to take the mouse to the left edge of screen A. However, this isn't my primary monitor that I am typically on. Most of my interaction takes place on C. I would like to be able to move to the F by exiting C. If I'm already on F, I can come back in and my cursor is positioned on C, but I must go back up to A to go back to F. If I adjust the screen arrangements on OSX so that the left edge of A and C are equal, then I can exit using both screens. However, this causes pointer misalignment whenever I go from C to A or C to B. Can I figure the server to use a specific screen or coordinates so that I can exit from C even though A is the left-most screen?
Yuya Fujiwara1491393133
[1]In OS X display setting, change the configuration as follows. (You don't need to move physical position of displays.) [attachment=0]ScreenShot 2016-01-15 13.31.10.png[/attachment] and measure WA, WB, HA,HB, HC, WR. [b]The alignment between A- B- C will be defined by using synergy configuration file, instead of OS X control panel.[/b] ** I suppose that the height of the display A and the display B are same. ** If HA ≠HB, align the lower side of display A and B, and HB>HA, use HB instead of HA in following equations. [2] Open synergy window. on menu bar of OS X, Synergy -> File-> Save configuration as... then save the file. (e.g. "myconfiguration_orig.conf") [b] Copy and rename it. [/b] (e.g. "myconfiguration_mod.conf") [3]open the configuration file(my_configuration_mod.conf) by editor.(Textedit) **DO NOT EDIT ORIGINAL ONE ** Replace "section.links". Notation : Screen name of the server : "server.local" Screen name of the client : "client.local" (You can find screen names in synergy GUI, "server setting". or, the file you've saved.) W = WA + WB, H = HA + HC, [code] section: links client.local right(0,100) = server.local(HA/H*100,100) server.local left(HA/H*100, 100) = client.local(0,100) up(0,WR/W*100) = server.local((WA-WR)/W*100, WA/W*100) down((WA-WR)/W*100, WA/W*100) = server.local(0, WR/W *100) up(WR/W*100, (WR+WB)/W*100) = sever.local(WA/W*100, 100) down(WA/W*100, 100) = server.local(WR/W*100, (WR+WB)/W * 100) [/code] **[b]Please refer to the reference (2)[/b]. **I think every number should be integer.** [3] Save and apply In the window of synergy, select "use existing configuration" and load the modified file from "Browse". -> Apply. **If you have some troubles, load "my_configuration_orig.conf" and then apply. (1) aaronc found the same problem. He mentioned the "offset" of the multi display. viewtopic.php?f=9&t=455 (2) configuration file https://github.com/synergy/synergy/wiki/Text-Config
Yuya Fujiwara1491393133
Update : The solution is a temporal one. This enables to move cursor continuously, but it causes a nuisance when you move a window between C and (A, B). If you think ok to shift A and B to the right so that the left side of A and the left side of C are aligned, There is a more simple and better solution. (1) Edit the display alignment on OS X. (2) Edit settings as follows: [code] client.local: right= server.local(val, 100) server.local: left(val,100)=client.local(0,100) [/code] val is a appropriate integer.
Yuya Fujiwara1491393133
Update 2 [quote]Update : The solution is a temporal one. This enables to move cursor continuously, but it causes a nuisance when you move a window between C and (A, B). [/quote] I found that a window can go through the upside of C to the (A,B), and vice versa. Server : OSX 10.11.2 Client : Fedora 22