Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Using one monitor hard-switched to multiple computers

Brian Arbogast
I have 2 Windows 10 computers that are each connected to a single monitor via different source inputs. (A button on the monitor switches between them.) I would like to use Synergy to use the same mouse and keyboard for each computer. So to switch between computers I would A) do whatever I need to do to tell Synergy to switch from server to client (or vice versa), and then B) push the button on the monitor and start using the other computer Has anyone set up such a configuration? If so, how do you do A) - do you set up a hot key? (Since there's only one physical monitor in the config, I am assuming there's no way for moving the mouse off left or off right to trigger anything ...) All guidance welcome - thanks! - Brian
  • 6 months later...
Jeffrey Howard
I would like to see this same functionality. I was hoping this software would allow me to use one monitor, but to act as a KVM switch to toggle between the two ports. If anyone finds an answer to this, that would be fantastic!!
  • 2 weeks later...
Joseph Baugher
I do this with Linux vs Win10 computers. I tap the input switch button and then move the mouse off the edge of the screen to what I'm currently controlling. I also have a "lock" keypress so that if I need to, I can keep the mouse focused on the system I am using.
  • Like 1