Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

4 monitors (3 client and 1 server) need help with config.

Loadertron
Hi, I'm new to Synergy and I have the following layout left to right client 1 1050p, client 2 1080p, server 1 1440p and client 3 1080p. I have no idea how to modify the config so that my mouse will move right from server 1 onto client 3 and left from server 1 onto client 2 then further left onto client 1. If anyone could give me some pointers I'll over the moon. Thanks in advance. L
  • 2 weeks later...
Yuya Fujiwara1491393133
I supposed you are using 4 PCs, each PC have one display. If it is wrong, please give me additional informations. In the server, open the synergy panel and check "Configure interactively" and press "Configure Server" (Fig.1) [attachment=0]ScreenShot2.png[/attachment] Then you can see a panel (Fig.2) [attachment=1]ScreenShot.png[/attachment] When all clients were connected to the server correctly, you'll find four display icons. Each icon correspond to a PC, not a display.
My apologies I didn't explain well enough, it is 2 PCs over 4 monitors. PC 1 taking monitors 1, 2 and 4 and PC 2 taking monitor 3. Thank you for the reply. L
Yuya Fujiwara1491393133
Dear Loaderton, [client 1] - [client 2 ] - [server 3] - [client 4] Monitor 3 is connected to the server, is it correct? Then, [1] On the client PC, configure alignment of 3 displays as follows [client 4] - [client 1 ] - [client 2] I know you think it is not consistent with the actual setup you want, but try it. [2] Synergy settings. in the configuration file, please edit "section:links" part as follows. [code] section: links (your server name, without braces): left = (your client name) right=(your client name) (your client name, without braces): left = (your server name) right=(your server name) [/code] If you want know how to edit configuration file, or my post is not clear for you, please reply.