Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Mouse from ANY CLIENT

Scott Boutwell
Request for the EXTREME future, would be cool if a mouse picked up from ANY client could be used on ANY Other client. As in, right now the only mouse that I'm seeing that can be used to access all systems is just on the server this can be great for those with a central location, but I have a very LARGE Workspace/Desk. I'd love if I'm at my Mac and not at my Windows 10 64bit synergy-server to be able to go off the screen just like on the server and access the others. Implementation may be complex but would be very useful. Great work so far guys on getting things sorted out and on track. SSL is working nicely so far and appears you have cleared some earlier hurdles.
  • 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Stefan Ghitescu

Please add this feature, it would be really useful.

For example I use to go between a notebook and my PC, currently the PC is set as server and I can only control the laptop from the PC, not vice-versa. In order to do that I would need to change the configuration, make the laptop the server and PC the client.

Maybe an addition to this feature would be to have all devices connected as both clients/servers at the same time, or just remove the naming of client/server altogether and call them all connected devices.

A different idea as an addition to this would be to make a set of profiles and be able to switch between them on the fly, through a system tray app. ex: Profile#1: (PC1, PC2, PC3 Shared input devices), Profile #2 (PC1, PC2 Shared input devices, PC3). etc..

• 1 month later...