Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Changing the Function of Scroll LOck

Kyle Goodwin
Is there anyway that I can make it so that another key unlocks mouse movement from one screen to the next? Scroll lock is what enables the lighting on my keyboard (can't change it) so if there is a way that I can invert the function for the scroll lock, so that when it's enabled it will allow screen movement, then the problem would be solved.
Petr Koudelka
On the server you can open Synergy and click button "Configure Server..." then go to tab Hotkeys. There you can add new hotkey Scroll Lock and add action of locking to screen as toggle. Then when ever you press Scroll Lock you will be locked to current screen.
  • 6 months later...
John Mealey
[quote="Petr Koudelka"]On the server you can open Synergy and click button "Configure Server..." then go to tab Hotkeys. There you can add new hotkey Scroll Lock and add action of locking to screen as toggle. Then when ever you press Scroll Lock you will be locked to current screen.[/quote] Petr, I would like synergy to ignore the "scroll lock" on the server machine, is there a way to set that up? I too have a light up keyboard and the scroll lock is how to toggle it on/off, but when its on synergy locks the mouse to the current machine. I have a three machine system and have been a long time fan, keep up the good work.
  • 3 years later...
cannotdraw

I too have this same setup, specifically with the "Cool Master- CMStorm" keyboard and mouse combo. The keyboard lights up only when the scroll lock button is activated. Its a software/firmware thing I'm guessing, since you can toggle the scroll lock from another keyboard attached to the same machine or even the virtual on screen keyboard and it turns the backlight on and off.

Is there perhaps a editable registry key or some other hidden configuration file within AppData perhaps, that will allow the screen lock toggle to be mapped to perhaps the pause button on the keyboard (the key to the right of the scroll lock on a US Standard keyboard QWERTY layout) in Synergy2?

Aside from that, I've  been using Synergy for years, bought Pro license as soon as it came out, and am so thankful for the magic y'all do. Much love.

Kelvin Tran
On 7/18/2019 at 1:02 AM, cannotdraw said:

I too have this same setup, specifically with the "Cool Master- CMStorm" keyboard and mouse combo. The keyboard lights up only when the scroll lock button is activated. Its a software/firmware thing I'm guessing, since you can toggle the scroll lock from another keyboard attached to the same machine or even the virtual on screen keyboard and it turns the backlight on and off.

Is there perhaps a editable registry key or some other hidden configuration file within AppData perhaps, that will allow the screen lock toggle to be mapped to perhaps the pause button on the keyboard (the key to the right of the scroll lock on a US Standard keyboard QWERTY layout) in Synergy2?

Aside from that, I've  been using Synergy for years, bought Pro license as soon as it came out, and am so thankful for the magic y'all do. Much love.

Awesome to hear that the product's been working out for you!

In Synergy 2, customization is unfortunately very limited. If you'd like, you can try switching to the more stable Synergy 1 (the license for which you should already have assigned to your account) and using the hotkeys feature to manually reassign the keystrokes.

If that doesn't work, as an absolute last resort, you can try downloading a key remapper that will modify the registry keys for key mappings for you. Since Synergy forwards keystrokes, I presume that it should work, but don't hold me to that. Please do your own research before going with this solution.