All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Repeating key strokes on U16.04

For me, the problem went away when I switched my machines to wired ethernet, especially for the Ubuntu.
  3. Repeating key strokes on U16.04

This is happening to me - Version 1.10.1, server is Windows 10, client is Ubuntu 18.04LTS. Only one copy running on both server and client. Very annoying.
  4. Today
  5. Synergy 1.10.1 not compatible with Ubuntu 19.04

I've gone down the labourious path of building from source in the past - for some NTC CHIP ARM SBC's I was using (still got 10 of them) - it was unpleasant to say the least - but got there in the end... never bothered trying to figure out how to build a DEB file... just scp'd the binaries to the machines I wanted it on... Tried (from source) again this morning when it wouldn't work for me - downloaded the source (hey Symless - why don't you include a f--king readme.MD with the source on your GIT repository???) - when make configure and make install or ./configure didn't do anything I gave up and remembered what a PITA it was to get compiled for NTC CHIP arch... I'll stick with the debian binaries till Symless get off their arses and upload a build of 1.10.1 that can use LIBSSL1.1 or whatever - or just create symlink to the debian version that says "ubuntu19.04"
  6. Synergy 1.10.1 not compatible with Ubuntu 19.04

I solved this by building from sources locally, works well as well, but there is no documentation on how to create a debian package out of the build (no cpack definitions), otherwise I'd share a ubuntu .deb file with a ubuntu19.04-compatible version..
  7. Synergy 1.10.1 not compatible with Ubuntu 19.04

You sir are a god among men. Thank you! confirmed it works for me as well. now are there any downfalls to running the Debian version on Ubuntu, considering they have a separate Ubuntu version?
  8. Synergy 1.10.1 not compatible with Ubuntu 19.04

One of the annoying things about this - one of the first things I do when I install Synergy - I disable SSL in the client and server! So why do I need libssl in the first place?
  9. Synergy 1.10.1 not compatible with Ubuntu 19.04

Happened to me - did an in place "do-release-upgrade" on Wednesday evening on a Ubuntu 18.10 laptop I use at work (and share keyboard/mouse with a "corp" Win10 laptop which I only use for Skype4business and Cherwell) - Thursday was pub hol here in Oz (Anzac Day) - brought it into work this a.m. and no Synergy... Tried installing again from downloaded version "sudo dpkg -i ./synergy_1.10.1.stable_b81+8941241e_ubuntu_amd64.deb" - no go... libssl1.0.0 is not installed. So I tried installing from default repos (I've done this in the past, you get an older version - but it usually works - but not 19.04 - no synergy in repos) Tried "sudo apt install -f", "sudo apt --fix-broken install"... nada... So - I decided to try install the Debian AMD64 version : "sudo dpkg -i ./synergy_1.10.1.stable_b87+8941241e_debian_amd64.deb" - AND IT WORKS!!! Problem solved - if you hit this issue - install the Debian deb file - not the Ubuntu one
  10. Yesterday
  11. server + client with multiple monitors on the side

I am trying to make this work with the same setup, but not having any luck. My client is setup in Windows as an extended desktop. Is that how you have yours setup?
  12. Stop mac client from sleeping.

I'd like it to perform some sort of keep alive on the mac to stop the mac from sleeping.
  13. Synergy 1.10.1 not compatible with Ubuntu 19.04

Same issue here, seems like libssl was bumped to 1.1 in ubuntu19.04. Is there any other way to get synergy running again? I'm a bit lost without it right now
  14. XBOX One App

You are probably right about this. I hadn't thought about the applications only running one at a time on the Xbox. I was just hoping there was a way to add this support so that I can seemlesly move between PC and Xbox. Microsoft seems open to making their platform more appealing to a greater range of people. Maybe all it would take is for someone to ask the right person at Microsoft and they could make it happen.
  15. XBOX One App

Can you expound on this? I see a market for this as well, but there are a lot of hurdles to get over. The way Synergy currently works there has to be an application running on each device that sits in the background as a service. Third-party applications for consoles are usually foreground, high-level, non system-service programs that have a clear start and end to their run-time and do not allow any interaction with any other applications or their data (for security purposes). This could not be released as a normal stand-alone item on the store, but would have to be partnered effort with Microsoft, and the licensing conversations alone could be a nightmare.
  16. Glitched display after using synergy 1

The snipping tool is capturing what the OS is pushing out. So if there are no artifacts there this seems like it may be a hardware issue. What happens when you move the monitor to another system?
  17. Stop mac client from sleeping.

This sounds like a feature request so I have moved it. So are you looking for a config option to tell Synergy to manage the sleep settings, or for Synergy to perform some form of a keep-alive by default as long as it can see the server is awake?
  18. What release of Windows are you running? 1803? 1809? Have you updated the NIC firmware? Are there versions of TLS that you have disabled?
  19. Apple Magic Wireless Keyboard

I have not used Macs beyond a leisure level since right when OSX came out, so I am not the best person at all for this, but I wonder if there are any tools that you can use to see exactly what inputs are being sent from the keyboard to the system. Also want to know if there are regions or locales that you are able to edit to see if that works.
  20. interface synergy binds to on windows

Can you elaborate on the difference of the setup between your 2.4 and 5 GHz networks? From what I can tell as long as they pull from the same DHCP scope there should be no issues.
  21. Hi is there still no solution for gestures?
  22. interface synergy binds to on windows

never mind was connected to the my 5 ghz wireless on one machine, and the 2.4 ghz wireless on the mac.
  23. Which interface does synergy bind to? Is it the bolded ip? I want to change this. I can't connect to the server from my mac.
  24. Last week
  25. I was playing a game in full screen and accidentally move my cursor to the computer positioned above my main screen and it wasn't locked (forgot to). it briefly turned my display off and then flashed a couple times and after it came back the screen is stuck with 3 horizontal lines of pixels at the bottom displaying the contents at the top of the screen. ive tried reinstalling my display drivers, reinstalled windows and its still there. I can faintly see some non black lines at the bottom when the computer is starting up too. its very odd that snipping tool shows everything as normal.
  26. why chrome is constantly reading synwinhk.dll ?

Have you learned anything Jaja? I am having the same issues! It's really annoying!
  27. Synergy 1.10.1 not compatible with Ubuntu 19.04

nvm; beta 2 won't work either, same dependency error.
  28. upgraded from ubuntu 18.10 to 19.04; upgrade process offered to remove synergy. i did so. upon trying to reinstall, received: synergy : Depends: libssl1.0.0 (>= 1.0.1) but it is not installable i would install synergy 2 beta but that had other issues because my machines have multiple nics and it was trying to connect on the wrong one and wasn't sure how to force it so i stuck with 1 stable. now what?
  29. XBOX One App

Would it be possible to add support for the Xbox? I believe that there might be a market for it.
  1. Load more activity