All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Synergy 1.10.2 Finally Released

Looking at the Change Log there are some security updates like the following v1.9.1 Updated OpenSSL to v1.0.2o for better security v1.10.1-stable Forced use of TLS 1.2 without fallback method v1.10.2 Fixed TLS memory leak on Linux server when using client So there have been updates to the encryption protocols since 1.8.8 on top of other bug fixes and enhancements.
  3. Today
  4. Synergy 1.10.2 Finally Released

OK, thanks. As I wrote in my original comment, 1.8.8 works fine for me, and I don't see anything in the fixes or enhancements that addresses my usage. That is, I really don't see - at first glance - any reason to update. Just to repeat, is v. 1.10.2 more secure in any meaningful way than 1.8.8? Thanks again.
  5. Synergy 1.10.2 Finally Released

That is the case for Synergy 2 Beta. However for Synergy 1 it does not require an internet connection or for you to login to use the application.
  6. Hotkeys not working

So...still no fix for hotkeys on the Mac then?
  7. Yesterday
  8. Auto start on Linux before login

I don't have the time to boot my machine with LightDM as the display manager right now, but google suggests it might be /var/run/lightdm/root/0. Maybe see what's there in your system? (If it doesn't change every boot, you don't even need the ExecStartPre and just hard code the path into the value of XAuthority). It would probably be cleaner to have a script that isn't dependent on a specific display manager.
  9. Auto start on Linux before login

@Xerotope Thanks Dean, How would I have to modify the ExecStartPre statement if I'm using gnome and LightDM as the display manager? So far, I don't have that statement. instead, I have User=myUser Group=root the problem I have so far is that it does not work upon reboot. For it to work, I have to login (via other means) to the GUI, and then restart the service Thanks for your help, Marcelo
  10. Some observations about the screen/mouse freezing problem.

That's great to hear, thanks!
  11. Mouse Cursor appearing at the middle of the screen?

Seems better but still gets stuck regularly in the middle of the server machine. All running latest 1.10.2. I'm just shutting it off and only using it when desperate :-(
  12. Last week
  13. It's being tracked on github here: https://github.com/symless/synergy-core/issues/6481 Appears to be caused by a lock conflict in X11.
  14. Synergy for Android and Samsung DeX

That would be awesome, I have a P20 Pro, it uses EMUI, I used to use the old port for synergy on android: https://sourceforge.net/projects/synergyandroid/ I can connect it, but I cannot see the mouse and keyboard integration, the project seemed discontinued since 3 years, it would be awesome if someone would pick it up and continue developing it Thanks
  15. Download link for 1.10.1

Could you please supply me with the download link for the 1.10.1 version? I upgraded to 1.10.2 this morning and it is completely unusable. I use a Ubuntu 19.04 computer as my server and a Macbook Pro as a client. Since updating this morning when I move the cursor from the server display to the client display it becomes fixed at the top of the screen and unable to return to the server's display. I can move the cursor left and right but never vertical and it remains stuck to the client screen until I terminate the client or server process.
  16. Synergy 1.10.2 Finally Released

I'm still using 1.8.8. It works fine, and I've never had a problem with it. Looking at the enhancements, I don't see anything that's of interest to me. (I use the program less than once a week on average, and how 1.8.8 works meets my needs.). One issue that kept me from updating earlier was that somewhere along the line I read that the new version required that I log into a Synergy server somewhere to use it. Is this still the case in 1.10.2? I guess the only real motivation I'd have to update would involve 1.10.2 being more "secure" than 1.8.8. Is this, perhaps, the case? Thank you.
  17. Mouse Cursor appearing at the middle of the screen?

I decided today I had to try to figure out what is killing me here and I ended up finding one of my machines running older 1.9 series vs others running 1.10.1. The 1.10.1s were also telling me there was a 1.10.2. I updated everything to 1.10.2. At the moment, about 2 hours in, everything is working well. I have not used Synergy without the stuck cursor for anything near this long anytime in the recent past so I'm quite hopeful that me messing up some versions or updating some but not all was contributing to my problems. Fingers crossed the fix was this easy.
  18. Mouse Cursor appearing at the middle of the screen?

I turned off Synergy for the last week. It is wonderful to not have to deal with the cursor getting stuck. Utter joy. Why don't you folks fix this crap. Synergy, back in the day was a wonderful product, those days are long gone. Just for kicks I turned it on to do something on one of my macs. Less than 2 minutes and the freakin' mouse is stuck dead center on server machine. This is crazy.
  19. Dual monitor client

Is this possible, if so, how? MacBook Client screen 2 (right) iMac Server (middle) MacBook Client screen 1 (left) /Henke
  20. Some observations about the screen/mouse freezing problem.

I've been using Barrier now for a few days and I have seen the problem maybe a couple of times per day max. And even if it happens it only lasts a second or so and is pretty much a non-issue. In Synergy the mouse becomes completely stuck, lasting maybe 10 to 30 seconds or so, unless I would 'break it loose' it by moving the actual mouse on the client computer. It sure would be nice to get at least an official acknowledgment that this is an issue and somebody would start looking at it.
  21. Workaround: macOS WiFi ping spikes

Setup between Win10 (server) and OSX (client). Didn't get Synergy 1 to work properly, same network, allowed in firewall on both OSes and also in the router. Pings went trough without problems. Really needed this to work to actually utilize the 49" monitor I just got. Took a gamble with Synergy 2, experienced lot of lag and DC from the client. Installed Share-Mouse. Proved itself being 200 times worse. Was just about to give up, at least for now but then i tried this. Decreases lag and keeps the connection alive (still have some DC issues) however seems to work pretty well when using the Mac for longer periods. Basically, I just wanted to say thank you @zachn
  22. Kali Linux Install Failing

Hi, Was wondering if someone could assist me with the install for Synergy 2 on Kali Linux. I do the following and get back this error and doesn't appear to load the application to the OS Application List [email protected]:-$ sudo dpkg -i /root/Downloads/synergy_2.0.12.beta_b1705+e5daaeda_amd64.deb (Reading database ... 494744 files and directories currently installed.) preparing to unpack .../synergy_2.0.12.beta_b1705+e5daaeda_amd64.deb ... Unpacking synergy (2.0.12.beta-b1705+e5daaeda) ... dpkg: error processing archive /root/Downloads/synergy_2.0.12.beta_b1705+e5daaeda_amd64.deb (--install): unable to open 'user/lib/systemd/system/synergy.service.dpkg-new': No such file or directory Processing triggers for gnome-menus (3.31.4-3) ... Processing triggers for mime-support (3.62) ... Processing triggers for desktop-file-utils (0.23.-4) ... Errors were encountered while processing: /root/Downloads/synergy_2.0.12.beta_b1705+e5daaeda_amd64.deb [email protected]:-$ Any help will be appreciated, just note im very new to the OS and learning as i go along. Regards, Daryl
  23. Linux Mint 19 is based on Ubuntu 18, so you must use synergy_1.10.2.stable_b10 + 8c010140_ubuntu18 _....
  24. Ugh, I had this problem on Ubuntu when Synergy 2 came out. No reason for them to package the .deb with such a high version number. You can probably build from source here: https://github.com/symless/synergy-core and it will work.
  25. When I went to install v 1.10.2 on my Linux system, I received the error "Dependency is not satisfiable: libqt5core5a (>=5.12.2)". I am on the latest Linux Mint version at the moment (19.1) and this appears to be an issue. I have contacted support.
  26. Auto start on Linux before login

In case this helps anyone, I finally bothered to get Synergy to auto-start before login for Kubuntu 18.04 (sddm login manager/KDE plasma shell). I'm using systemd to start the process by creating a service file at /etc/systemd/system/synergy.service [Unit] Description=Synergy Service Requires=display-manager.service After=display-manager.service [Service] Type=simple Restart=always RestartSec=3 ExecStartPre=/bin/bash -c "sleep 10; /bin/systemctl set-environment SDDMXAUTH=$(/usr/bin/find /var/run/sddm/ -type f)" ExecStart=/bin/bash -c "XAUTHORITY=${SDDMXAUTH} /opt/synergy-core/build/bin/synergyc -f -n minotaur 192.168.0.150" [Install] WantedBy=graphical.target (replace "/opt/synergy-core" and "minotaur" with the path to your install of synergyc and your hostname respectively). You then can enable the service at startup with "sudo systemctl daemon-reload; sudo systemctl enable synergy.service" The ExecStartPre was necessary because the XAuthority file used by SDDM in randomly generated when the process starts. The "sleep" is a bit of a hack to ensure the file was created after the display-manager.service starts. Hope that's helpful for someone out there! Dean
  27. CTRL+ALT+DELETE to a remote machine?

Fixed by setting "Elevate: Always" on client settings. I also put in the interface IP, but not sure if that matters.
  28. CTRL+ALT+DELETE to a remote machine?

Running 1.10.2, both client and server are windows 10. ctrl-alt-pause doesn't seem to work. This used to work on my win7 client, but i have updated to win10 on client and this no longer works.
  1. Load more activity