UX Designer (Desktop & Web UI)
Design beautiful UX for desktop and web, working with exceptionally talented front-end developers. Be involved all the way from concept to creation, and see your vision come alive to delight the user.
Location: The Engine House
Salary: Competitive & Negotiable
We're offering a competitive salary, as well as a sign up bonus and stock options.
This role is suitable for a remote freelancer and gives you a fantastic opportunity to eventually relocate to the UK. We will provide visa sponsorship and pay for the full cost of relocation. There are multiple vacancies for this position and candidates can have any level of experience, but must be very intelligent. Students and graduates are welcome.
Our mission is to help people use multiple computers together in one seamless and cohesive experience. Since 2012, Symless has proudly developed Synergy, an app that shares one mouse, one keyboard, and one clipboard between multiple computers. As well as having over 2 million users worldwide, our product is regularly featured on top tech channels like Linus Tech Tips, a channel with over 6.7 million viewers. It's also used at some pretty neat companies like Pixar, Disney, Google, Amazon, and many more.
Your role will be working alongside our CTO to design a beautiful user experience. From requirements research to interface design, you'll be involved in an iterative process that will result in elegant and intuitive user experience. You will need to empathise with the user, feeling your way through their journey. You'll work closely with Software Developers who will make your imagination a reality. Design wireframes and mockups then engage with users to test and analyze their experience. You'll own the UX component of our desktop apps, web apps, and e-commerce website.
Here are a few things you'll be doing:
- Interact directly with users to gather requirements
- Design beautiful and intuitive user interfaces
- Test newly built designs to find opportunities
- Contribute to agile methodology and planning
- Teach others on the team what you learn
- Learn from 20 years of development experience
- Take a 10-month UX course on CareerFoundry (we'll pay for that)
We'll need you to have academic or professional experience with:
- Hacking away at HTML and CSS
- Very strong UX design principles
- Following code style and team rules
It would also be nice if you had some experience with:
- Any kind of UI development experience
- Experience with both web and desktop apps