Front-End Software Developer (Node.js & React)
Master your front-end developer potential and build Node.js systems together with React and Electron for millions of users on both web and desktop apps for Windows, macOS, and Linux.
Location: Symless UK or Remote
Salary/Rate: Competitive & Negotiable
Who is this for? This role is suitable for both those seeking full-time employment at Symless in the UK or for remote freelancers. This gives remote freelancers a fantastic opportunity to eventually relocate to the UK if desired. For those willing to relocate, we're offering a competitive salary, as well as a sign-on bonus. We also provide visa sponsorship and pay all relocation costs. There are multiple vacancies for this position and candidates can have any level of experience, but must be very intelligent. Students and graduates are welcome.
About Symless and Synergy: Our mission is to help people use multiple computers together in one seamless and cohesive experience. Since 2012, Symless has proudly developed Synergy, an app that shares one mouse, one keyboard, and one clipboard between multiple computers. As well as having over 2 million users worldwide, our product is regularly featured on top tech channels like Linus Tech Tips, a channel with over 6.7 million viewers. It's also used at some pretty neat companies like Apple, Pixar, Disney, Google, Amazon, and many more.
What about the role? Your role will be working alongside our CTO/CEO to build the next generation of our flagship product, developing the user interface for our desktop apps and e-commerce website, as well as working on our cloud infrastructure. You'll be one of 8 others in a team of highly intelligent software developers, learning and collaborating together to build something amazing that will delight our users.
Here are a few things you'll be doing:
- Build intuitive user-facing interfaces
- Code using test-driven-development
- Contribute to agile methodology and planning
- Teach others on the team what you learn
- Learn from 20 years of development experience
We'll need you to have academic or professional experience with:
- Very strong UX design principles
- Following code style and team rules
It would also be nice if you had some experience with:
- PHP/Laravel (we have some legacy systems)
- Linux server admin (we host our apps on Linux)
And here's what a typical day might look like:
- 9am: Meet with the CTO/CEO to talk about that new UI design idea you had
- 10am: Finish off the Electron prototype for the screen drag and drop code
- 11am: Help the new girl with that tricky unit test, using a mock object to get it working
- 12pm: Work with your neighbour to provision a new server for load testing the new API
- 1pm: Head out for a bite to eat with the team, and learn about plans for the product's future
- 2pm: Get stuck into sprint planning with the team for the new e-commerce website update
- 3pm: Start on a new website feature to improve the business customer purchase system
- 4pm: Take a break to help your colleague with that Electron bug they were asking about
- 5pm: Switch over to Linux to test the new design; oh wow that div is rendering all wrong
- 6pm: Test the new design on Windows and see all is well, then submit the PR from your Mac